Slate Alt Pte Ltd (“Slate Alt”, “us”, or “we”) operates as an online private investment platform that offers unlisted securities of companies across various industries to accredited and institutional investors (as defined under the Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289)) providing services including but not limited to access to our internet platform at [www.slatealt.com] (the “Website”), interaction with our employees, providing you updates or sending you emails when you sign up to be part of our mailing list, when you request that we contact you, and/or anything done in connection with the use of the Website, and the issue of equity or anything in connection with such activities (together, the “Services”).
USE AND COLLECTION OF DATA
In the course of providing our Services to you, you may be required from time to time to provide your Personal Data (as defined below).
Personal Data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which Slate Alt has or likely to have access. Such information includes (without limitation) to:-
- Your name;
- Email Address;
- Mailing Address;
- Phone Number;
- Date of Birth;
- Country of Residence; and
- Financial information.
Slate Alt uses such information in order to (without limitation), amongst other things, provide our Services to you; verify your credentials, financial standing, and personal information; conduct due diligence checks as part of our legal and compliance obligations; update you on products, Services or about Slate Alt; personalise your experience and respond to your needs; to receive feedback; conduct analytics analyse transaction behaviours to improve our Services; communicate with you; generally, improve our Services; provide you information on our Services we believe may be of interest to you; and for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law or applicable regulation (together the “Usage Purposes”).
Technology and cookies
In addition, we may, in the course of our Services to you, also obtain certain information related to you by means of Cookies.
Cookies are small files that a website or service provider transfers to computer hard drives through a web browser that enables the website or service provider’s systems to recognise the browser and record certain information. Cookies may record data about the use of our Website. Some information we may collect include (but may not be limited to):-
- Browser and device data, such as your IP address, device type, operating system and internal browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language used, plug-ins, and add-ons; and
- your interactions with the Website and use of our Services, including your investment patterns and history.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Slate Alt will not disclose your information beyond what is reasonable for us to provide our Services to you. Subject to any applicable law or regulations, Slate Alt may reasonably disclose your information to the following parties:-
- as may be required by any government, statutory, or regulatory authority, or to comply with any applicable law, court order, directive, or proceeding of such authority;
- our agents, affiliates, professional advisors;
- as may be required for Slate Alt to enforce any of its rights or defend any action against Slate Alt;
- companies within the same corporate group as Slate Alt that are involved in operating or providing Services;
- third party-service providers which provide operational services to us in order for us to provide our Services to you;
- professional service providers which help us analyse our data and effectiveness in delivering our Services to you;
- Any of your agents;
- Disclosure is necessary as part of the process of seeking funding, investors, or backers; and
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data to.
Slate Alt will under no circumstances sell or rent your information to third parties.
AMENDMENTS AND REMOVAL OF INFORMATION/WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You may amend or remove any personal data. You may do so by accessing our Website and making the relevant changes and removals through the profile section of our website under the tab “My Profile”. Alternatively, you may amend or remove any of your personal data by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not want your personal data to be:-
- used by us or by our affiliates, or companies within the same corporate group or to our service providers; and/or
- shared among our affiliates, business partners, or unrelated third parties,
you may withdraw your consent to allow us to use your information, or op- out of such information sharing or us. You may do so by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Please note should you provide us with a set of incomplete Personal Data, or withdraw of your consent to allow us to use your personal data or disclose your personal data, these will likely result in us being unable to provide you with our Services. In addition, such provision of incomplete data may result in closure of your account in certain circumstances including but not limited to closure to meet Slate Alt’s compliance obligations.
NOTIFICATIONS AND UPDATES
By signing up to our Website, unless you indicate otherwise, you are deemed to have consented to us sending you via email, welcome messages, requests for verification of your password and choice of username, administrative emails, updates on Services which we believe may be of interest to you, and market opinions and updates. We may also communicate with you to provide requested Services and with respect to issues relating to your account via email or phone.
You may choose to opt out of certain classifications of emails by either unsubscribing to such updates or by making your request by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will not be able to opt-out of service announcements that contain important information about the service.
Please note that by choosing not to opt out, you are deemed to have consented to these communications.
You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.